- The per capita retail sales are almost 20% above the national average
- Gateway to the Florida High Tech Corridor
- 12th largest media market in the country
- Largest urban economy in Florida
- 12th among “America’s Best Places to Live & Work” in (Employment Review magazine)
- New roadways stimulate growth – Veteran’s Expressway & Suncoast Parkway
- Professional Sports
- The University of South Florida (USF) is the second largest university in
the southeast US and one of the top 20 largest universities in the country. USF
has more than 37,000 students, four campuses, 65 research facilities, three hospitals
and almost 200 degree programs at all levels.
- University of Tampa (UT) is a private university with approximately 5,300
students, including at least one from every state. Many students come from northern
and northeastern states, attracted to UT by the warm weather and the nearby beaches.
Over a hundred countries are represented within the student body, giving it a rich
Growth in Progress
- The Shops at Wiregrass – (Across from Windsor Club) 5,000 acre
mixed-use development with 16,000 homes, 4.4 million sq ft of commercial space,
3.9 million sq ft of office space, hospital, medical center, elementary, middle
and high school. The Shops at Wiregrass has a Macy's, Dillards, JCPenny and an 150 additional shops and restaurants.
Florida Quick Facts
- 1,800 miles of Coastline
- 1,200 miles of Sandy Beaches
- More than 1,250 Golf Courses
The state has more golf courses than any other state and Palm Beach County has more
than any other county in the US
- 100,000 Campsites
- Average Temperature 71 F or 22 C
- Average Snowfall ZERO !!